Poetic Passage: Facing It Together

 Facing it Together

I've been trying to post everyday but... it's hard to. Anyways, here's another poetic passage about friendship. Enjoy :)

Popular girl

Everyone's friend

Friendly girl

Intelligent and smart


I was probably only seven. 

But I thought it'd be nice to be friends with you. 

But I was too shy

You were so natural

You attract friends

Way too easily. 


Gave me candy

Talked to me once in a while

Chatty and fun

You were that popular girl

I wish I could be friends with


Somehow, I couldn't remember how

We got closer

We started talking more

In 5th grade

You put your arms around my shoulder

And rocked back and forth


You gave me tips and advice

In 6th grade

You were a step ahead of me

Though younger

You guided me

Smart and intelligent

Gave me the knowledge I lack


Facing Middle School together 

Going through the trials and tribulations together

Hard assignments

New things

We went through it all

Singing songs we love

Your voice is like a nightingale  

Crisp and beautiful

Your intelligent mind

Solving problems quickly


One can say you are weird

But I'm weird too

And weird people click with weird people

Quirky yet creative

You think outside the box

Think about things I'd never thought of

Stacking pens

Playing with keychains

We do all the weird stuff

And we can be weird together


Staring people down

Singing songs

Spamming lyrics

Working together

The year went by so quick

And many had to go

At least you could stay by my side


Again we faced it together

High school

New things

New challenges

Great thinker

Still friendly as ever


Partners in crime

Just you and me

What might the world throw against us?

Let's face it together 

Like a mother and a sister

A twin perhaps

We can face it

We will go through it all



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Painting: Before Sunrise

AI Generated Art: NightCafe

Digital Drawing: Rainy Blessings